Ring in the New Year with the most exciting traditions yet! Here are a few exciting New Year’s traditions you might want to try:
- Visit Time’s Square – Each year one million people gather to watch the famous New Year’s Eve ball descends atop One Times Square. This is a must see to add to your bucket list to visit New Year’s Eve some year! This event is a farwell of the past year and a welcome of the new year.
- Eat 12 grapes – In Spain, it’s a tradition eat 12 grapes as the clock strikes midnight to celebrate the upcoming twelve months of the new year. You can make a wish for each grape you each for each month of the next year.
- Burn the bad – Have a bonfire to burn all of the negativity from the past year. Make a list of any bad memories, habits, or anything you would like to forget. Then throw the list in the fire and get ready for a positive upcoming year!
- Go to a casino – Aside from slot machines and cards, casinos often offer fun New Year’s Eve celebrations such as dinners, concerts, or comedians.
- Find a local party – Many bars or clubs have special New Year’s parties. Find one close by and ring in the New Year in celebration!
- Visit Las Vegas – Ring in the New Year in one of the most exciting cities in the nation! Whether you’re walking along the strip, in a casino or hotel, or ziplining across Freemont street, it’s guaranteed to be an adventure!
- Mistletoe under the pillow – In Ireland, an old custom is for unmarried women to put mistletoe leaves under their pillow to hope for new love in this upcoming year.
- Make a time capsule – Make a time capsule of the past year including event stubs, pictures, newspaper clippings, and anything exciting from the past year. Decide when you can open the time capsule again – whether that a year from now, five years, or even ten years! It’s fun to have the anticipation of looking back in the past!
- Create yearly videos – Get out the camera and interview family members. By doing this each year, it’s a fun way to look back on the past year. These videos are especially fun with children in the household because you can see how they are truly growing up each year.
- New Year’s Predictions – New Year’s Resolutions don’t usually last so instead make New Year’s Predictions! Predict what your family members, friends, and you accomplish in the next year. Take a look at your predictions next New Year’s Eve and see how many you got right!
Happy New Year’s Eve and have the best upcoming year yet! We’d love to hear about some of your favorite New Year’s traditions!